Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dinner to Satisfy Even the Hungriest College Student! :D

I, being a poor college student look forward very much to Sunday dinners at my cousin's house.  This Sunday especially.  I was getting so tired of rice, so the idea of grilled chicken, mango salsa and a variety of fruits and veggies sent my taste buds tingling!  I got there and was met by smiling and welcome faces of all my cousins.  They are all older than myself, so they have beautiful families.  Their children range in age from newborns to 14 year olds.  I love chasing my little cousins around, getting in tickle fights, pushing them on swings until my arms get tired and best of all, getting hugs from every single one of them.  I love my family up here dearly.  They make college life on my own a little more bearable. We spent the whole night in their backyard.  It's so beautiful this time of year.

Their backyard is the mountain.  I love it.  I can't wait to sled down it in the winter!  They are spending as much time as they can out here while the weather is still so nice. 
The flowers bloom in their gorgeous garden and if you're lucky, you'll spot a deer curiously approaching in search of food.  I guess it's not so lucky for their garden, but I love it. 

Tonight's conversation took an unexpected turn.  My cousin Becca's brother, Seth, has decided he is going to set me up on dates since guys at BYU are just not asking girls on dates.   With most of my cousins married, I guess I'm next or so they say.  My little cousin Kaitlyn asked me on the car ride, "Christina, when are you going to get married?!"  I laughed and was surprised, but her mom, Becky, saved me from having to answer.  She replied that I had a few years to go.  I was laughing so hard.  I love little children's directness and curiosity.  It always allows the most interesting conversations.  I can't wait for the next dinner.  Hopefully my brother will be there with his beautiful wife. Until then, I must come back to reality and finish my homework that has piled up on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment