Thursday, November 17, 2011

Finding Joy During Trials

My time here seems to both be flying by and dragging on.  I have recently met an incredible young man and couldn't be happier, but my grades are another story.  It's harder than I would've expected here at BYU.  The more I think about it though, the more I remember, everyone here was the top of their class.  Everyone here had amazing grades, did hundreds of hours of service and worked extremely hard to make it to where they are now.  I just don't want to let people down.  However, despite my struggles, God still reminds me I am loved.  Taylor stopped by today and brought me Jamba Juice because he knew I was sick and then had his sister drop me off soup, ice cream and hot chocolate.  It was the sweetest thing ever and it brightened my day.  I also find myself feeling down at times and my brother will call and talk to me and cheer me up or a much needed phone call from my cousin Kaylyn always puts a big smile on my face.  I guess what I'm learning is, life will always present challenges, but I just have to remember that God loves me and wants me to succeed.  There's a reason for everything that happens, and it's not always easy to accept it, but it is worth it to always trust in God.  As it says in Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."

Also, Thanksgiving is coming up! My parents are driving up to visit me and my brother, since my lucky little sister gets to go to Hawaii for marching band! I'm so excited to see them though! It's amazing how much you miss your parents once you move out! But I can't wait to show them how much I've learned and grown up.  Hopefully they'll agree with me when I say I've grown up! :p I also can't wait for the delicious Thanksgiving dinner! Ah, it's going to be so yummy compared to my cheap meals I normally eat! Overall, life is good.  Hard? Yes! Worth it? Of course!

2 comments:

  1. Haha you mentioned me :D I'm so excited for Hawaii. I'll email you a bunch of pictures! I love you sis! Keep up the hard work. And Taylor . . . if you read this . . . take care of my sister ;) She's "precious" cargo! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you say "haha" I am precious cargo ;)

    ReplyDelete